Sober vs. Sober Curious 🤔

What do you guys think about the sober curious movement?

Personally, I’m all for people being more mindful about their relationship with alcohol.

I thought this was just a topic here to figure out how to get sober and the steps to take and what to expect.. can you tell me more what this specifically means?

I think the sober curious movement is for those who are inquisitive about getting sober.

1 Like

I think that's a great thing then I think everyone should check in with themselves and question if they're enjoying these things responsibly and if they're happy with the way they're living their lives.

Yes exactly what was said in the thread. believe it or not, there’s a bit of a “war” between the sober ppl in recovery and the ppl who identify as sober curious lol

Right and it is more likely that they might not have had what one would consider a “problem”

I've been away from it too long I had no idea .. ya know when I was 18 I had alot of people tell me I didn't have a problem even though everyone else in my life told me to get help… I'm like um I dunno if you really just wind up in an aa room for no reason? But I also didn't like talking back then and sharing all my stories.. I hated that I felt that I had to prove to everyone I belonged there.

1 Like

I think this is why there are open and closed meetings?

I totally feel you on this one. depending on the group, it can become a bit of a “pi$$*g” match. theres a really big community of sober curious ppl on IG

Yes that's exactly how I felt I really didn't like aa when I was younger I didn't last long. I did enjoy one group I did find though it was all older men but they seemed to not judge and were very nice. That was so long ago though. I don't do much in ig only have it to keep an :eyes: on my kids. :rofl: Next time Im on there I'll look that up.

1 Like

Add me if you want! My @ is alliekcampbell :nerd_face:

Added you…loving it so far! :nerd_face:

1 Like