Sober Holiday Traditions 🎄

Last year for New Years Eve, I treated myself to a full-on spa day and now it’s become the “anti-partying” day for me and is all about spiritual, physical, and emotional wellness to start off the new year.

My mom also started a new cookie tradition this year, where we basically just bake dozens of cookies and taste test them lol better than taste testing drinks!

Does anyone have any sober holiday traditions they either want to start doing or have been doing for some time now?

1 Like

Not yet, but I love this idea!

1 Like

start brainstorming, you’ll have one in time! Then share with me so I can maybe steal it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I always go to church NYE. After service I either go to a friend's for dinner and games, or we (entire church) have breakfast food after church or we go to IHOP together following service.

Christmas Eve we celebrate my father-in-law's birthday and have a big breakfast. This year Christmas Eve falls on our church's Bible study night so we won't be together this year on his actual birthday. On Christmas Day we'll celebrate Christmas and his birthday.

Def following this to get ideas. One thing I do Xmas morning is I take my dog to the beach to see the sunrise. I've never drank doing this so this will be a continued sober event. :)))

Umm ok loveeee! The cookie thing is great. Well my sister always has mocktails for me when she hosts a gathering, so I guess that's a tradition now. Hmm now I want to start a new sober tradition this year!!!

This is going to be my first sober NYE; the first of many. I am going out to dinner (an authentic Italian restaurant- everything is made from scratch) with one of the girls in my homegroup and then a movie.

1 Like

I love that!

That sounds lovely :heart_eyes: can’t go wrong with authentic Italian