Sober Gratitude

What are 3 things you've learned to love about you since you have been sober?

2 Likes

Not mean love recovery was miserable

That Im still able to feel happy, that i can think clearly and well still being alive is pretty spectacular :upside_down_face:

2 Likes
  1. I like to have fun and don’t need substances to assist me in doing so 2. I can be there for friends and family (reliable) and 3. I love seltzer more than I thought lol
2 Likes

I'm not sure what you mean.

All of this. Being alive is pretty awesome.

1 Like

I love seltzer water. Orange vanilla is my favorite.

1 Like

Yes to that!

I agree with all, especially because reliable. I use to make up lies to get out of things or cover up my behavior.... turns out that doesn't make you a good friend :upside_down_face:

I've learned to appreciate smaller moments and joys of just being alive. I love how my food tastes now and I enjoy how much I can accomplish in a day. I wasted so much time :unamused:

I am actually NOT an asshole... I love eating healthy and working out... I am actually NOT a p.o.s.

2 Likes

My first time around I fell in love with the little things. Still appreciate them.

1 Like

I love my relationships with my sister and brother now. I never thought we could be this close :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Better time management skills. Can taste food. Reliable. What's not to love, right?

Thanks for sharing Melissa.

1 Like

I'm glad you've realized you're an awesome person. That's major. Sober or not many don't recognize their good. I'm glad it's not that way for you.

1 Like

I love the small things, too. The smell of grass, a car that smells good, flowers from my husband, my friends buying candy for me.

1 Like

Awesome. Family is important.

I noticed that too! My brother and I are closer than ever 1​:grin: Glad you have the same! It makes me so happy :blush:

1 Like

That sarcasm is not necessarily a deflection of emotion. That it can be a defining characteristic. That I prefer self-empowerment to the illusion of powerlessness.

1 Like

That's good.