Sober and in love?

Hi My name is sommer I'm 24 almost 25

my husband and I Struggle with methamphetamine addiction and I want to get Clean but he doesn't, when he hasn't had any For a day or so he says he does but won’t Make an effort and as much as I want recovery (which I know he would be respectful to me by not using around me) don't wanna lose him in the Process we have been together for almost 7 years and I know the amazing man I fell in love with is still in there and that it has to be his choice but how do I cope? Can I cope? Can I still be with him and have a successful recovery I know it won't be easy but is it possible

Anything is possible. But attempting to do it while romantically involved with someone still using will likely make it much much more difficult, and much less likely to stick. Im hoping the best for you. You deserve recovery.

Hi Sommer. It's possible but would be difficult. There's definitely something going on if your husband doesn't want to one moment and then doesn't. It sounds like he's using to cope with a pain, feel that he can't get sober. I recommend while you are trying to get sober he starts getting the professional help he needs. He needs to talk out how he feels and get help. Hang in there.

Sometimes all we can do is get better for ourselves and let them figure it out for themselves. As much as it hurts you have to remind yourself, you can lead a horse to water but you can make it drink.

1 Like

Man I've been there many times and really the only way I've seen it work is both people getting sober... at the same time, but on their own course. The healing he'll need is different than what you need. You can't do it for each other, or for the relationship, or kids. You do it for yourself, for your future. Create your own reality Sommers. Figure out what makes you happiest in life, where you wanna be. And take that shit!! Best of luck

1 Like

Hi Sommer. How are you and your husband?