So sleepy after quitting alcohol

So sleepy after quitting alcohol. Has this happened to anyone else? I can not stop taking naps and have very video dreams. Tired all the time

3 Likes

All this is normal. It'll get better.

1 Like

I definitely think this is a normal response. It’s been a while since I stopped but a friend of mine quit a few weeks ago and she said all she can seem to do is nap and rest. It’s probably our body’s way of restoring itself :blush: your energy will return and even out eventually!

2 Likes

Yes same here. I’m not sure if it’s my body trying to recover, maybe I’m ashamed of the things I did and don’t want to remember it, or maybe it’s a sign of depression.

1 Like

I was the opposite. I couldn’t relax and I was scatter brained for the longest time. Gimme that pillow now and I’m out!

1 Like

I experienced the same. It seemed as if my mind/body was filling in the time. When I came out of it though, I forgot what it was like to have genuine, natural energy. Push on through and check out what's in the other side.

1 Like

I know that the times I stopped drinking I was extremely tired for the first two weeks. Whenever we drink we don't fall into deep REM sleep so our bodies are never fully at rest. Embrace the naps because that is getting you ready to feel 100% here shortly!

2 Likes

Fir me im hazy concentration is shit. And I get super flushed skin.

Its frustrating to not know whats the Driving force behind one of our behaviors :sweat: it’ll come to you though, with time.