So I'm 15 months sober today!

So I'm 15 months sober today! On another note I'm sitting here trying to decided if I should go back to my ex fiance. On one hand I love him but have we both grown enough?

3 Likes

If you're still questioning yourself, think about it a little longer.

3 Likes

I agree with Larry up here. ^^^ def best to be completely sure of a situation before doing it. And I’m not talking about debating if you should go buy a bag of chips at the gas station for 3 hours haha. But this is def one to dwell on.

15 months is great! I'm proud of you!

I can't speak to the other issue though :joy:

15 mo. Great!

Forget the dipshit . could ui magine only gettin one stiffy for the rest of ur life Whaaat! U doin good . and ur fine as he'll.

I think Larry made a good point. I got sober in 2002 and had no idea in the world that I was codependent. I had never lived by myself for any significant period of time. My sponsor was good at making light of all the growing up that I needed to do and I will be forever grateful for that. I stayed by myself for 13 years before I got interested in another woman. I'm really glad that I waited. I learned a lot about life and about myself. This book really opened my eyes and helped me to choose wisely.

I'm 62 now and I was about 52 when I first read this book. I wish I would have read it when I was a young man because I was not choosing wisely back then.

The Laws of Dating

Today I am a very responsible man and I have a very beautiful relationship with a woman from the Philippines who is now my wife. I will be forever grateful to my sponsor.

He don't deserve you

You have to key him come to you

If he doesn't move on

You are a beautiful woman. Any man will be lucky to have you

Just a little history… we had been together for 8 years, the last couple I wasnt happy and we were both drinking alot. I ended up calling off the wedding, and seeing someone new for about a month while going on my worst binge. Long story short I was diagnosed with cirrhosis in July 2019, despite everything my ex stayed in the hospital and made sure I was Ok, even going to the doctor with me! However when I called off the wedding he joined the navy and hasnt been home in about a year.