So I started my sobriety with an intoxalock device. Last

So I started my sobriety with an intoxalock device. Last February I landed a DUI with a very high BAC, ever since I have been battling with being sober. I usually go about 2 weeks before breaking and having a drink, not good - but no where near how I was before.
Today I was feeling very good. A Monday after a break. Normally I would be hungover and grouchy- not today! I felt good! Happy! Ready!
But my intoxalock decided it was time to act up. Over my hour break I was on hold with the company trying to figure out what was going on. No answer. Couldn't start my car, but had to go into work. 40 minutes after clocking out I finally get ahold of someone to tell me what I can do. Then I needed to scramble in the work parking lot trying to get a screwdriver to troubleshoot the battery of my car - all while trying not to let anyone know its my intoxalock that is giving me trouble.
I didn't want to drink this morning. But stressful situations like this always make me want to.

3 Likes

Sounds to me like you’re killing it. Seriously, you’re doing a great job. Nobody needs to be perfect at any moment during our day. Just keep progressing, in whatever way that entails, and enjoy the small victories :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You’ve got this! we always want to go back to the comfort of drinking. It’s a safe place. progress not perfection. You will find tools and ways of coping.

2 Likes

Wow tough day :flushed: but you made it. Just keep taking it one step at a time… You got this!

Hello: Have you ever tried the 12 Steps? Personally, I have had great success, and so have thousands, probably millions, of others. It's free, it's on Zoom and it's full of people with the same problem helping each other solve that problem. When I tried by myself, I eventually always lost. I love my life now! Thank you.

I hear you. I had two DUIs and an interlock. The humility was good for me! Just know you are not alone. :blush:

1 Like