So hard to stay sober while dealing with anxiety and panic attacks

So hard to stay sober while dealing with anxiety and panic attacks. I drink to feel better and the following day is so much worse so I just keep going. I've been on medication for 2 years and they don't seem to work anymore im so lost i dont know what to do anymore. I can't do anything that I used to i feel so helpless.

Good hello how are you doing

I feel the exact same way

Do you have any support for getting thru the anxiety now? I have similar issues and I basically drank my way into needing a new liver before even trying to tackle the real issue. I'm here if you want to talk more about what you're feeling. Stay strong

Get a puppy. Better than anti-anxiety meds by a long-shot.

1 Like

I have anxiety really bad now that I'm sober I don't take any meds should I try to get on something

Have you tried therapy? have you taken the medication during an extended period of sobriety? Technically you’re not supposed to drink on a lot of medication, & renders them pretty useless. I would suggest going to a treatment center

Same. I'm literally just deciding today that I'm getting a little out of control, but anxiety is a big part of why I drink for sure. Sometimes I feel like it might be a vicious cycle, where my anxiety is worse the next day, either because of physical withdrawals, or because of waking up and realizing how drinking didn't help anything and seeing all my problems in front of me…it can be overwhelming. I'm going to try a meditation app to hopefully help with the anxiety because 18 years of drinking heavily hasn't helped. Hopefully it helps, but I might suggest considering other methods of relaxation apart from alcohol. It's probably a matter of experimentation to find what works best for you.

It sounds like you might need a second opinion regarding your meds, and you might need treatment. I hope you find some peace, and this community has your back

Not to good Trying to stay positive but its so hard with everything going on. I have other health problems that are getting worse as well just trying to get a grasp on it