Shh.... The Haters

Sobriety is hard, and the sacrifices are real. No one will ever see or feel these sacrifices but yourself. No one really cares whether you fail or succeed. That is why it is of the most importance that you do it for yourself! Not only prove them wrong but to remind yourself who you are and what you are truly capable of!

4 Likes

So True...

I still put my sobriety first. But after 26 years of sobriety, certain family members are STILL waiting for me to relapse ! They told me I'd drink eventually. They are not part of my life anymore. But they think they are with their jabs. It's ok. tho. Let them ! I know who I am and will continue to put my sobriety first !

3 Likes

Only one point you made I disagree with. There are people who care. Sometimes they are those whom you would least expect. Sometimes it is a complete stranger.

1 Like

I agree with Steve. I found the rooms have lots of people who care about me. And I care about as well. Also, I don’t feel that I have to prove anyone wrong. I’m learning to compete with myself and myself only. I strive to be a better version of myself than the day before. The truth is I come to these rooms for my ex and my son, I’m staying for myself.
Thank you Nick for helping me today. I hope you’re doing well today! God is love. Keep coming back. Share your struggles as I do care about you!

1 Like

we got this!