Sad to know that all my friends. Including my brother

Sad to know that all my friends. Including my brother need booze to have fun tonight. I’m so annoyed.

I've been there! You will lose friends when you quit drinking, if they were true friends they would work with you on doing things you all enjoy! I've lost friends I've known for 37 years since I quit drinking 14 years ago! I changed…..they never did. Don't worry it's their loss!!

What Matthew said ^^^

I often find people get chips on their shoulders when someone close to them decides to make a major lifestyle change. Not just with sobriety; even when I went vegan a few years ago, some people in my life got genuinely angry with me for it. Why? I have no idea. These things shouldn't be a big deal. I think they evoke insecurities in people. Eventually, those loved ones came around and tried being supportive. I hope yours do as well, but if they don't, you'll make new connections that are better for your health and well being.

I am really grateful that my husband quitting with me. I am pretty sure my friends will be glad to have me back from where I was. Hope you can make some new positive ones while people adjust to the better you.

I am a year sober from opiates. I choose homelessness instead of living with my alcoholic sister. Her yelling and screaming with mood swings were instant triggers for me and I left after three days. We still speak and I keep the conversations loving and light. I haven't even told her I have been sober for a year because she gives off very insecure vibes. She still thinks I'm an addict because I feel my sobriety will make her feel judged. She knows she is an alcoholic but hasn't accepted it. Still drinks and drives with accidents. I worry about her but in my year sober I learned I have to let go and let god. Worrying about others constantly I found out is a huge trigger for me. Focus on yourself and enjoy activities without substances alone. Do rely on anyone else for your happiness. I spent NYE sober with John Wick, lol. No regrets.

1 Like

Funny thing I was a vegan also for four years. I was fit and very healthy. I found so many people among family and friends were so harsh. People would roll there eyes, talk trash, and be down right verbally abusive. I'm much older now and sober so now I see that people who are insecure and unhealthy will do this. I am veggie again but not vegan. I eat things like eggs and fish. This was actually something that happened pressure free and naturally once I started clean eating to help with sobriety. Do what works for you and your health and never let some ones choices or judgement sway you towards something different.

1 Like