Restaurant Triggers

Should a person in sobriety avoid restaurants that have bars and/or serve alcohol? Why or Why not?

Same with dessert! I use to try too save calories for drinks and now I don't feel guilty because I'm not downing cocktails! Healthy and happy :blush:!

3 Likes

Everyone is different. I avoided them at first just to be safe, but I found that it wasn’t a problem. Try it out and you get triggered then leave

1 Like

I think this is go’s into the “ people and places and things” category

1 Like

I love ordering virgin Bloody Marys at a local brunch place. I love to see the price reduce by 50% or more because there's no alcohol. Celery, spicy pickles, olives, and pepperoncinis are an added bonus. :yum:

I've never really been a huge fan of desserts at restaurants before. I'm branching out now. I rather eat my calories. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I think cake is my biggest weakness. In fact years ago I go a laugh when I looked up my middle name on urban dictionary. I said guy who loves cake.

2 Likes

In early recovery it is a good idea to avoid any place that triggers you.. In time. Working a solid program. You will be able to go anywhere anybody else can go. But. You may not want to.

Solid advice

I thought about that, too. Do you feel that operations like Door Dash make it easier to enjoy establishments without the trigger of alcohol?

1 Like

Same! I will definitely drink water if strawberry shortcake is on the menu.

:joy::joy::joy: that's funny!