Relapsed today not a good feeling hours later

not a good feeling hours later.

I don’t know why I’m having a hard time getting Passed this. It should be easy for me I was able to go a few years without but now I’m always craving.
Dose anyone have any advice?
I don’t have much options for meetings where I’m at.

All I want is to get past the cravings and get my self back
On track and in control before it gets bad.
I need some sober in recovery friends who would understand what im going through.

Do you have a sober friend to call?

Maybe an online zoom AA meeting

Pray for strength to not drink for 24 hours, then pray it again tomorrow. Read the big book. Read anything about alcoholics and recovery that you can. There are some really great autobiographies out there that will make you feel normal

I totally understand! I go through this too. It will be months of no cravings and comfortable sobriety, and then BAM!, outta nowhere it’s all I can think about! Sometimes triggered by the simplest thing, like watching a show that they drink a lot on, etc. or sometimes triggered by a deeper thing (emotional upset). All I know is that indulging, making promises to moderate, even considering the drug or alcohol creates an bad ricochet effect and I’m back to using.

Best advice I could say is remember life, emotions and thoughts are always in flux- THIS TOO SHALL PASS. Also, ask what it is you are actually craving (companionship, activity, relief from a negative emotion, etc.). There’s always something lurking beneath the surface it seems. Hang in there and be strong. Distract yourself.

See if you can get vivitrol to get you back on track. It helps with cravings