Recovery from ex

I realized my ex played a huge factor in my drinking. Our toxic relationship would make me spiral it was hard for me to cut him off because I known him since we were kids. But ultimately I had to make the decision to do what was best for myself.

6 Likes

Yes that's the best thing to do

2 Likes

How long has it been? Please try to stay strong, bc you're prob exactly right about that relationship having a negative effect on your drinking

1 Like

I was recently hospitalized due to a drinking episode and i made the choice to close that door and not look back
Its hard though

1 Like

I bet it is. I've been exactly where you are. Some days may seem harder than others, but just know you made the right decision!

1 Like

I can so relate. A lot of my drinking and using was driven by me reacting to a toxic relationship at the time. I’m glad you made the choice to cut ties. I know how hard that can be, sometimes toxic relationships are the most difficult ones to get out of. For me, it sometimes felt like I was addicted to the chaos.

2 Likes

Wow. It takes a lot to Admit these type of relationships. Yes it plays a big part in our Toxic Life. I've been there many times. Recovery before relationships is vital. :fist_right:t2::fist_left:t2:

2 Likes

I feel your pain and gain.. after months of begging my husband to go thru recovery and rehab with me I finnally left him an took off to rehab outta town

1 Like

That was hard im sure but congratulations for putting urself 1st. Its a hard thing to do.

I can relate!! Took 2 years to finally end my toxic relationship. Congratulations it gets easier .

1 Like

One hour, one day at a time. I'm proud of you for choosing to move forward in a healthier direction. I'm new in my sobriety, so I don't have much wisdom to share but I have found the 24/7 zoom meetings on aahomegroup.org to be incredibly supportive. Super easy to use anytime of day or night. You're doing great :blush:

1 Like

Sorry to hear that. Been on both sides of that situation. It's never easy but it's worth the change for freedom​:heart::grinning:

1 Like

I can relate. There are more and better people out there for you. Keep going!

1 Like

Is a tough time. Have to let go of the past and be present in the moment

1 Like

Good for you. That must have been a tough decision but putting yourself first is so important.

1 Like

Just because you don’t have too much time sober, doesn’t mean you don’t have wisdom to share! Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise :wink:

2 Likes