Recovery center

I just got my bed date for treatment. Checking in to the facility on the 23rd. Scared. Ready. Need to prepare a lot of thing before going in but feeling frozen. Also I have to be five days sober before I enter. Im overwhelmed and have a panic in my heart. Everything is in motion now

4 Likes

Nice,

Your all set up ?

That's so great!! I know it's scary now but once you get adjusted you'll be right at home. I'm so proud of you taking this huge step! This might be one of the best decisions you've ever made! They might disconnect you from the internet and your phone, either way, stay in touch with the community whenever you can. Take all the suggestions they give you.. That was the biggest mistake I made the first time, I wanted to do it my way. There will probably be some things you don't agree with, or don't see the point, but just try and get the most out of the experience and listen to what they have to say.

I'm really excited for you. I know this took a lot of guts. I'm really happy for you.

1 Like

You can do this! :slight_smile: Making lists helps me alot to be able to organize my mind and breath. You should be proud of yourself. :heart:

You’re going to be great! Just remember you have people here supporting you every step of the way!

1 Like

That is really great! The only thing most of us are really afraid of when we're getting ready to enter a treatment program is them snatching the bottle or drugs from our hands. The fear that we have to give either one of those up is real. You made a good choice. I have been in your shoes. Just remember that it's 10 miles into the woods and 10 miles back out.

If you stay sober you will look back and realize that you made a wise choice to start your journey of sobriety. It's well worth the sacrifice. the only requirement I don't understand is that you have to be sober for five days before you enter the treatment center. The only way you can really do that is to get into detox somewhere if you're anything like me. In my case, I got good and drunk the night before I went into treatment. As a matter of fact, I went in at midnight.

Goo luck

Just remember the 2nd step came to believe that a power greater than myself could return me to sanity your on your way don’t run and you will be

1 Like

That is awesome!!!!!

As Matt said, it will take a little bit to adjust, for me it is a week or so. My advice is to stick with it and know it will pass. A big stress factor can be responsibilities or other things outside of treatment that you won't be around for… I have found that though this can be stressful, most of those are very understanding and are willing to work things out. This is an opportunity to change. Your cam do this!!!