Recently sober again, after an off-and-on again 2 year relapse

Recently sober again, after an off-and-on again 2 year relapse. The pandemic and my surroundings are making it incredibly rough for me, but I’m glad to still be kickin’

4 Likes

Stay grateful! You can do it! Not sure if they have in person meetings where you are, but I would go to one or to a zoom meeting. Get a sponsor, work steps and try to meet some people on recovery. That has helped me to get a relationship with my Higher Power and to stay sober.

I’m hoping there are some in-person meetings starting back up. I went to one last night that was supposed to be on, but no one ended up showing up :joy:

Check with the the AA intergroup in your area. I use an app called Meeting Guide. Here in Houston they keep the app pretty up to date. It’s a free app and it helps me find meetings close to meet at all times and days

1 Like

Glad to hear you are back into sobriety!

1 Like

Not being able to get to in person meetings is making me want to kill people right now tbh but gotta just keeep pulsing through

Right? I was incredibly frustrated last night and all of today. Finally starting to calm down a bit

1 Like

Glad you're in a better place that you want to be in! Best to you.