REASONS AND RESULTS I'm starting this because I need to speak

REASONS AND RESULTS
I'm starting this because I need to speak my truth. Look, I'm no expert. I'm in my first few weeks of recovery and I'm facing the same issues, questions, doubts, anxieties, shame, guilt and anger as you do. I'm being selfish here... this isn't for you, it's for ME. I've decided to start this to share the insights, progress, ups and downs, triumphs and failures that I have in this journey.

I welcome your comments. But please know that I'm coming from a place of brokenness, confusion, worry, and uncertainty. Maybe I will speak positively, but don't think I won't share from my negative and dark world. We all have it. I plan to share it.

Brian

What took you so long

I’m 4 months clean. I fought keeping a journal for 2 months. Once I started, I loved it. Get the thoughts on paper. It helps. Plus it gives you something to look back on.

I’ve also found the apps: I Am, Athena and the green ‘happy” very useful. Use these i loosid to help and connect.

I like your post. Your are right, your sobriety is about you. There is definitely an element of selfishness as we do this for ourselves and no one else. Recovery groups are the place to be honest with our feelings, and it's not all peaches and cream. If you stick with this and get some good long term sobriety, you'll be surprised as you look back and see how your thinking and sharing has changed in relation to your growth. Keep it up, be honest and it gets better one day at a time.

Thank you again for your comment. Today went pretty well but I continue to be bored and at times irritable with others. I've always been transparent with my feelings, and at times it really hurts others. And that hurts me. But I have the weekend ahead and I have lots of plans so I dont focus on using. I will reach out if I'm craving.

Brian