Really enjoy bowling but have been having a problem with

Really enjoy bowling but have been having a problem with my right calf getting stained. I’ll be getting a compression sleeve tomorrow. Hope this works or I’ll probably need to change my style. Anyone relate to this type of ache.

*strained

I have aches and pains everywhere but I'm 59. I was in a recovery bowling league for many years but one place closed and now the replacement alleys are going out of business so who knows what will happen. I remember in treatment they saidthat insanity was doing the same thing over and over expecting different results and Ì said " that sounds like bowling". Funny how that ended up being my main sober social activity.

Hey, if I may suggest, try and do some static calf stretching before you hit the lanes. Hold the stretch for 30 secs and release, relax the muscle for 10 seconds then repeat for a total of 3 sets. You can even google SMR techniques of the gastrocnemius and soleus. Injuries suck, good luck!!

Hey thanks - I wasn’t thinking about stretching. I’ll definitely google SMR techniques. I guess I wasn’t thinking about bowling as a physical activity like hockey

I’m recently retired and 63. We have a great discount deal at our local bowling ally. Thinking when my strain heels up I’ll give it one more shot maybe with a little more knee bend.
I’ve been athletic my whole life - can’t let bowling do me in. Lol

I get it, lol. The movements in bowling occur in the transverse plain, there are a lot of different joint mechanisms and muscle actions occurring at once.

1 Like