Realized how bad it was -

Ever look at your credit card bill and realize how much you were truly spending on alcohol? Well the alarm clock in my head went off - I realized I had been drinking 3-4 drinks every night 7 days a week for a year. I joined this community to get support and give it back 10 times over. On day three of sobriety. Tired of running and being unhealthy. Looking forward to beating this demon together☺️

10 Likes

Hi Ryan. I'm glad you're here. Congrats on Day 3.

You have a positive outlook. Keep that attitude. It'll serve you well.

1 Like

I love that I am spending money in other areas.

I am always amazed how much money is saved by going sober.

1 Like

Congratulations!

Thank you so much - the motivation and words help. :relaxed::relaxed:

3 Likes

Thanks so very much!

1 Like

I've been there. Own a house and property and was in credit-card debt, took me to court , and they never served me with papers physically. There is ways to get through this, search on the internet. Write a letter to your card company stating your scenario, only if you have to comply or serve. There's ways to prolonge for a positive breakthrough. Hey , money is a worst pandemic then. .. many many people go through this. Stal human , rage against the machines.

1 Like

Re-allocated…. Haha

1 Like

Congratulations

That’s cool

Actually I have an app that I track my spending on. I called pot and wine “recreation” when I should have called it something else. I spent way too much money, about $100 a month. But it wasn’t the money that was hurting me, it’s what it was doing to my body.

1 Like

Way to go! It makes me so sad to think how much money I spent on dope over the years. At my worst I was spending $150-$300 a day every single day for one year. Working two serving jobs just to support my habit and spending all of my tips for the day as soon as I got off work. Making up excuses on why I was always broke when I made great tips. I don’t miss it. And soon it’ll just be a memory for you as well!

1 Like

Keep up the good work! And attitude of gratitude! Giving back to your community is a great way to help others who are still struggling or suffering. Volunteering at your local food bank or sharing your experience of recovery with others is awesome!
Have a wonderful day filled love and happiness and kindness and compassion for thy self! Remember when you heal first you then can heal others.

Congrats on a lot of things and saving money is great! I was surprised to see how much more was saved in my account between sobriety and not going out as much during pandemic. I have been spending more on self care and hope you have some good ways to re allocate your funds :relaxed:

I calculated 13 grand a year on that poison.

Shoooot....that is a new car every year. Not a super nice car mind you but a new car just the same.

I was right there with u-- a daily habit that took away my entire retirement I had pulled early bc I lost my job!! So awesome u overcame this & are in recovery!! U rock, gf!! Oops-- & thanks for sharing!! Always a good idea to look back & remember when, for inspiration at to where I am now

Congratulations

Yes it’s so expensive.
I was going on a week without drinking and yesterday I was helping with a demo project there was beer so I had some. This morning I felt sad about it but my brain feels better. I don’t go to bars . And do my best . I hope that it will work out for you and that you meet your goals. Don’t be hard on yourself either. Love yourself through this difficult process. That’s what I need that and support.