Ready to try to get sober again. I have one

Ready to try to get sober again. I have one friend that lives over 4 hours away that is supporting me. All my family walked out of my life when I left my ex husband over two years ago. I was not using then I started using cuz I did not want to feel the pain of my kids walking out of my life.

2 Likes

Hello your not alone. Ty for reaching out. Have you been to any meetings?

No I don't have a way so just trying to make sober friends the town I live in does not have many sober people at all its actually sad

Well you got a friend in me. There is zoom meeting on AA.org

Thank you I appreciate it

Your welcome good luck. All I can say is try and find sober people to hang with. Your not going to get positive support from people that aren’t sober.

Yes I know that people are on bs about getting sober but I'm not time to face all the emotions I have been suppressing this last two years

My girlfriend just left me after almost 5 years due to me not being able to stay sober. Where I live it is really hard to find friends that don’t drink. I can go a few months, sometimes a week. But my anxiety always comes back to bit me. I’m ready to be done for good!! You have support in me if you need to talk. We can do this together!!!:pray:t3::pray:t3:

Thank you and yes anytime u need someone to talk to just send me a message

You as well. I joined yesterday and have never asked for help

I'm still trying to work on getting sober

Only day two today. But this is it​:pray:t3::pray:t3::pray:t3:

Prayers sent

Thank you

If you need to, add me to your friends. My family refused to have anything to do with me when I sobered up. It took 20 years for them to speak to me after I
reached out to them. It was and still is awkward 26 years later. That's why I am here for you now.

The thing that contributed to my drinking was loneliness. I am alone even when surrounded by people. I am creating my own sober community, even if people don’t live where I live. I think my surroundings need to change, but it’s not possible right now. Reach out if you’d like to chat

Thank you my.family knows nothing about my addiction they turned their backs on me when I left my ex

Thank you I agree the people in this town are horrible in my opinion everyone I know uses and I don't want to be around them that's why I have downloaded some apps to try out to get my own sober community

1 Like