Producing music sober

It was daunting but it’s growing on me.

3 Likes

What's daunting about it?

1 Like

For 3 years I would get high all night every night and work on music. When I got sober, I thought it wouldn’t be possible to return to the studio without drugs. And was also worried about being triggered. But I took small steps, first finishing the tracks I had been working on but couldn’t even finish because I was too high. Within a month released the album I had been trying to finish for years. Almost a year into my sobriety, I built the studio back up even better than before and started working on new material.

3 Likes

Great job!

1 Like

I’m in a very similar boat and see recovery as a huge advantage in music lately. You still have all that previous experience and emotions from the past, but now with the sober energy and mindset to totally kick ass on some brand new stuff. Plus who doesn’t love a redemption arc! Stick with it dude we’re more powerful than ever :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Agreed. And now with the crazy shit I’ve seen and been through, having distance and ability to thoughtfully analyze my own actions and effed up situations I was in and use all of it as material and tools to create is a huge advantage in artistic endeavors.

1 Like

The list of major artists in recovery is astounding and growing. Dont forget that the doc wasn't where your creativity comes from.

2 Likes