Prayers and pledges

Please pray for my dad. He is in the ER. He can't breathe on his own right now. He will be alone in the hospital for Chrsitmas. I'm very very scared and sad.

This is one of those times. My recovery has been shaken. I have over seven years sober and honestly, most days I don't want to drink. But today is different. I straight up wanna drink.

Not today, alcoholism.

My life has become too good to lose.

I've had a good cry. Time to rinse my face and workout. Then I'll eat avocado toast with eggs. I'll put on a red dress and be with those I love. I'll play carols on my ukulele.

I ain't drinkin today!

Thank you all. This community is a huge part of my life now.

3 Likes

Hey, chica. I'm sorry about your dad and will keep him in my prayers.

Thank you for motivating us not to drink nor drink no matter how rough it gets.

1 Like

He's a fighter! Never give up hope and never give into fear!

Sending good thoughts your way.

I'll be thinking of you and your dad and family :heart::heart::heart:

Praying for you and your dad. Keep your head up. Hope he is better soon.

:pray::heart:

Sorry to hear this my friend but just know u got people on here that will speak or chat with u just take it easy.

Thanks everyone! Yall r amazing. Takin time out ur Christmas Eve to be there for me. Thank you. So much.

The good news:

Dad's stable and in good hands.

I made a basket of snacks to drop off to him.

I worked out.

Avocado toast- in my belly.

Red dress photos coming soon lol I'm too much.

Love yall

3 Likes

Prayers Agni!!! :pray::pray::pray:

That's great news… You are a toure de force! Merry Christmas :blush:

God is good. That toast looks yumz!:wink:

I'm terribly sorry to hear about your father. I totally get where you're at right now thinking that a drink will fix this.

Its a Big Fat LIE!!!

Do yourself a favor and play that scene all the way through. You may feel like it was a good decision in the beginning but in the end you will have great disappointment and you will be sadder then you ever have been and you will probably have fallen back into the Insidious cycle of insanity drinking day after day after day. It's not worth it. You've come too far. By you not drinking you are being example to the newbies out there. Your father also needs you to be strong right now. Continue to stay sober and stay strong. You will come out of this stronger than before.

Sending love & light your way :pray:

Thank you guys so much wow I am so grateful for your support. I have had a few more spurts of tears and some intense anger. I worked through it using breathing and grounding techniques. Being a behavior technician and doing this master's degree program in behavior analysis really has taught me a lot of coping skills that aide my recovery.

Update:

Dad got the gift basket and is happy. He called. He sounds better.

I'm still sober af.

My Christmas look is fire.

Thanks again everyone!!! Sure glad I reached out on here. Fight hard loves, you're worth it!

1 Like

How are YOU all doing? Who's still sober with me!? Good job!!!

1 Like

Wow… Looking good Agi! :star_struck: About to head out to my in laws for Christmas eve… They aren't big drinkers so this will be a cake walk!

Your reply moved me to tears and very much motivated me. Thank you!!

Thanks a lot! Enjoy yourself!