Possibly lost my girlfriend of two years because of my

Possibly lost my girlfriend of two years because of my drinking. Don’t know if there is a chance. Might be a possibility. Having a hard time dealing with the depression of not seeing her every day or talking to her.

Hi Jeff. Sorry to hear that man. All of us in recovery have an “aha moment” or hit bottom or whatever you want to call it. That thing that happens when we finally say fuck it. No more. And we get help.

Is this your moment?

1 Like

Yes, this is my moment. Broke up with me a week ago cause I was drunk and being insensitive to her social anxiety. Then on Wednesday I got drunk because of depression and did a hit/skip on a parked vehicle. Don’t know about an OVI but that’s possible too... made the decision to go to a meeting the day after. Going to one tomorrow morning. I need to turn things around and hopefully avoid jail time

Keep doing the next right thing. You may not be able to save your relationship with your lady but you have an opportunity to save yourself, take it and work your ass off. Alcoholism will take more from your life than you thought possible!