Please Help

Good Afternoon!

My Name is Jamie, (LOOKING4U).

I AM NEW TO ONLINE DATING, MEANING I DO NOT HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE AT ALL.

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY GOOD ADVICE OR POINTERS TO HELP ME OUT? I DO NOT WANT THIS TO BE A WASTE OF MY TIME. AS YOU KNOW, THESE DAYS ARE VERY, VERY PRECIOUS TO US!

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE! :smiley:

Do a background check. A little over a decade ago I was interested in a guy. I got all kind of information out of him. I gave the info to my then boss who was also a detective; and ran a background check on the guy.

Avoid giving out any private information until you know this person can be trusted 100%. If you can, avoid dates near your home. If your date offers to pick you up and drop you off meet in a public place you know is open before and after your date. Preferably, meet somewhere 15 minutes from your home to prevent your date having an idea of where you live.

Don't feel obligated to give out your number. Talk via Zoom or Facebook Messenger or FaceTime.

Be who you are. Have fun. Don't pretend to be anyone else.

I went on a ton of dates from a dating app last year and I actually met my current partner almost a year ago on one. I do know it’s scary. Its great you want to get out there and I know you don’t want to waste any time but I don’t think it’s possible not to waste time on them. It’s a lot of effort, I definitely hated the small talk & the random conversations that ended up going nowhere. I went on some terrible dates. But then I met my guy- and it was worth all the fuss tbh. Just like regular dating, it can feel like a waste of time, a lot of my relationships before felt like a waste of time- but I learned so much about myself and how to be a good partner and about my flaws and defects and now I can be a good partner. If you need any 12 step related advice on dating theres a really great free workshop available online it’s called Polly P and Dave P: traditions in relationships. Highly recommend.

I met my wife online. I wasn't looking to date or for a wife at the time. It does work I can give you proof. Long distance is a lot harder than most will admit. There were days we were arguing and neither of us really knew why. It was really because we just wanted to be in the same place at the same time. I wish you the best of luck.

I can't do it my body hurts Cant stay sober

Hey Mark, glad you’re reaching out. What are you struggling with?