Picked my 6 month chip up at my home group

Picked my 6 month chip up at my home group last nite . I've been thru 2;overdoses , the death of my Dad at Thanksgiving , the end of a relationship and not being able to go to alot of meetings due to Covid restrictions and have still managed not to drink or use . It wouldn't have made my problems go away. They would have still been there the next day . It's about living life on life's terms . I'm so grateful to be clean and sober . I'm not where I want to be yet as a person but definitely not where I was 6 months ago . Thank you God and AA. If I can do this anyone can . #onedayatatime

13 Likes

6 months is a great milestone. Keep going, you won't regret it.

2 Likes

An amazing milestone! Congratulations!

1 Like

Way to go. Kevin! That's a big milestone and you should be proud of handling all those tough times authentically and sober. Your dad is proud.

1 Like

Thank you​:heartpulse: I spent the with him right before he passed and he told me how much he loved me and as usual my dad being my dad was worried about me even though he was dying . I like to think he is looking down on me and I'd proud :heart::pray::pray::pray:

3 Likes

Hi

1 Like

Congrats, Kevin! Half a year, in the books. I’m sorry to hear about your dad and the other struggles you’ve faced during this time, but they are a testament to how capable you are and how seriously you take your recovery! Very inspiring, thank you

2 Likes

Congrats! That's huge! I'm sorry for your loss, I'm sure he's so proud of you!

2 Likes

For sure he is! Without a doubt! Your sobriety is still a gift to him now. :heart:

2 Likes

Congratulations!!! I can't wait for my first 6 months sober. Thank you for sharing your struggles!

2 Likes

Congrats. I'm extremely proud of you for staying sober despite your circumstances. I know it ain't easy.

1 Like

Congrats!

Fantastic milestone! Keep up the hard work. I'm sure your dad is looking down at you and is very proud!