Pets and recovery

Does anyone else feel like their pet is the only thing keeping them alive? Without her, I would just give up...

I told my sister, help me look for a new dog. Could days later she showed up at my place with my niece carrying a pet travel bag. It was this flea bag ole cat. I agreed, it been a couple months, I feel like we have become buddies. But I swear sometimes Daisy the cat thinks God put me on earth just for her. I am glad my sister was slick enough to have my niece sales pitch Daisy to me. Hehehaha!! :grin:

Mine certainly help me!

If it wasn’t for my main man Ken I wouldn’t be nearly as active outside of work. He’s just a stinky mutt be he’s my stinky mutt and his love is blind.

Totally feel this, my dog does more for me than she could ever know. When I feel lonely she will always be there, I am so grateful for that.

As a veterinarian in recovery I can attest to the power of the human animal bond.

Yes.. absolutely.. best listener and the one that loves me unconditionally.. my bed buddy if she knows I’m sober.. if I’m messed up, she will just sleep on the floor

I was taken to the hospital after a bad night. They were deciding whether or not to admit me to a facility or let me go home. When I was laying in the very uncomfortable bed in the very bare room I realize that I would recover so much more if I were home with my pup. I was worried about him, Jack, he gets separation anxiety. There I was falling apart and not realizing that he was stuck at home. There was Someone to take care of him but it’s not the same as me. He is particular like that! But it made me appreciate how much freedom I have at home and how I would enjoy the comfort of my dog Jack instead of lying in the bare room awaiting further hospitalization.

They are so intuitive!