Only 5 days sober and truly struggling

What is swingtowns?

New here,12 days sober and I am feeling a lot like you, live with my son and his family, they have been financially there for me but since they found out they barely speak to me and I so want a drink right now because I feel confused and lonely

Let’s go to a meeting. That’s the best part about being the on zoom.

It’s been a few days since you posted, so I’m just checking up. If you need help locating resources for sober living, I’m happy to help search the area for you!

Beautifully said

Call access in your county. You can get the number on your county's web site. Do a site search, CMH/community mental health. They can provide you with the information and resources for SUD/substance use disorders. They will give you a case manager to help place you. If you don't have money they may have block grants to help with placement in a sober living home. (To get the grant they may want you to go to treatment). But they can help with all sorts of things from insurance, food, clothing, work,education, etc.. As to how you feel, your not alone. We have all been there. It is cold and dark I know. That is how early recovery is. One moment we are screaming GO RECOVERY!!!!:sunglasses: the next moment we are thinking F- this. It is a tough gig. Nobody is lying to you when we say "hang in there, it gets easier/better" that is real. All we have to do to experience that is to take action. Your recovery is of your control. Nobody walked up and handed me my recovery or a better life. I was surrounded by resources and I had to make a choice.when I did I found and received everything I needed. Hope this helps, have a great day! :bouquet::blush:

I would say you’re fortunate NOW! Because finally you’ll be able to take hold of your own life in anyway you want. It’s like an adventure. Think of it as you doing you and no one‘s gonna stop you. The universe is opening a door for you. Find a new community that supports and loves you. It’s great that you’re on here! Have you ever heard of SMART? Those recovery group meetings and workbook really gave me a bedrock foundation for tools in recovery and understanding. Also... since you’re a woman... I HIGHLY RECOMMEND “Quit like a Girl” by Holly Whitaker and “This Naked Mind” by Annie Grace. I listened to them on Audible, total mind game changer! You can do this.

Hmmm...17 days and she hasn’t responded. What is driving interest in this thread?

Omg....occoms razor

Attractive = attention

Fuck you