On day 8 of my sobriety. I’m getting that itch

On day 8 of my sobriety. I’m getting that itch and I even looked to see if the liquor stores were open still, luckily they all closed at 9pm instead of 10pm. I opted out of going back to rehab(would be my 4th time around). Rehabs are probably packed now since winter is coming and I absolutely hate recovery houses, but I know it’s all part of the journey. I’m thankful to still have a home and roommates that understand. Also happy I stumbled upon this app. Wish things weren’t locked down so I could possibly meet up with a sober community. Rode my bike to a 8:30pm meeting the other day and obviously it wasn’t happening. Does anyone know of any meetings still going on in the South Philly/Center City area? Hope everyone’s safe and staying strong

2 Likes

Play the tape through.. you're doing great imagine the great things that will come to you in a sober future

Keep reaching out to the community, it's okay to struggle. Getting honest and asking for help is very brave. It's going to get better every day, it's not a purely linear curve but in general it's going to get better every day. I'm going to sleep now but if you need to DM someone I'm on here every day. I'll even give you my number if you don't have anyone to talk to, just hit me up. If not, try and find someone to talk to because that takes the power away from your disease.

Hoping you find some support in your area. We have a lot of meetings going on Zoom in Cali right now. I know it’s not the same but it’s better than fighting the bottle

I have literally no idea who you are, but, here's something that's helped me (maybe this will seem mad gay to you): imagine the girl you like judging you. And she's like “uh nah get straight and then maybe we can talk”. Like someone who you put your best instincts and feelings into liking looking at you like “get away from me, sober up for God's sake"

Hi, Will. I'm glad you found us, too.

Download the AA app it’s free and I know for a fact Philly has alot of meetings. I live in Delaware and l can go to one everyday. Hang in there.