OMG tonight I am painfully aware of why I didn't

The best way to combat anxiety and gain a more positive perspective and feeling is to exercise. It gives your body and mind a channel for all the tension and anxiety and at the same time boosts your serotonin and dopamine levels which in turn makes you happier.
I also recommend finding other people in recovery to get to know and surround yourself with because you can get sober alone but you cannot stay sober alone. Very few do stay sober alone and if they do they're miserable people. It's a process that requires other people in recovery for support and accountability. You can do this, but please don't try to do it alone. You're doing great by getting on here and reaching out. Keep up the good work. If you have never been to a meeting, go. If you don't like the one you go to, go to another one. I promise there is one out there that you will like.

Yesterday is done. Tomorrow starts a new day!!!!

I totally understand what you’re saying! Almost 5 years sober and I’m still finding myself overwhelmed.

You nailed it though, even the old you would absolutely regret it. That same mentality is what has kept me sober for so long.

Acknowledgment is key! You’re doing a great job. :heart: