Now what?

1,003 days no alcohol. I need something to fill the hole. I run. I eat healthy. I am responsible. I am bored.

4 Likes

Do a podcast? Look up anchor. It’s an app. You can have a published podcast for free. Super fun. Record episodes with your phone. I’m hooked. May not be for you, but maybe it is? Congrats on the 1,003 days! That’s a huge accomplishment!

1 Like

What are you curious about? Chase that. What do you wish you know more about? Find out. Needs an escape? Get a good book! I’ve totally switched up the kinds of book s I’m reading since the pandemic. I used to read serious non-fiction now I’m all about historical fiction or anything set in a far away location (like 1920’s Paris). I’m pretty sure Babbel offers free language lessons too. And Coursera does free trials if you want to take a course.

You could also volunteer (parks, food banks, etc) or offer to be a mentor to youth services.

2 Likes

Same Boat different lake....1991 days.

1 Like

Exercise cooking and Netflix. Boredom never goes away but staying busy and staying connected works for me

2 Likes

Thanks Matt, I'll check that out.

Love the 1920s Paris. Language lessons... good idea

Love to volunteer too

None Linda. I think that's a big part. Do love coffee though

1 Like

It’s a parallel universe brotha. My social circle is damn near non existent because of it.

1 Like

I ride a motorcycle all over the USA best feeling of being in the moment plus a very cheap and fun way to travel

1 Like

Step work. Meeting. Meetups with sponsor. Service work. Meditation. Amendments.

I can fill an afternoon just forgiving myself and my many many resentments..

And now for the less program related stuff, I like to garden, build things and fix things. I’ve found that anything that gives me a feeling of accomplishment really helps my mental state greatly.

1 Like

I had the same problem, the “now what’s?”. It’s a strange feeling, to realize you have achieved your goal but unsure of what you should now be doing with it. I would recommend finding a hobby you loved to do prior to a relationship with substances. After that, I began a new relationship and the “now what’s” disappeared quickly after. I would say it is not a bad thing you are experiencing, just the universe telling you it is time for the next chapter...

1 Like

Thanks Sean

Thank you Linda

Yeah, lost some "friends " that's for sure

Thanks Craig