Not drinking snd dating

I’m not sure if anyone can give me adv but I was in a relationship unit 6 months ago we kinda split up because of my drinking plus she found someone else I loved her to death I started drinking real heavy a month ago she got ahold of me we have been talking i Stopped drinking when I was with her for a month then started having a couple a day we have been talking about dating again she got hurt in the relationship she left me for I still love her but she talked to me and the other guy I’ve been sober 9 days should I even be thinking about a relationship with her or anyone at all any advice

If dating is a trigger for you to drink heavily, then I would greatly consider not dating until maybe you have at least a month or two minimum sober. A lot of people say a year but you‘LL have some tools in your toolkit in a couple months to combat anything that might push you to drink . Also are you going to meetings? What helped me date sooner in sobriety was working a 12 step program and being SUPER open about it with other people working a program in AA. its a good way to make sober friends & get some accountability.

It’s not dating that triggers it’s the heartbeat that triggers it