Night two of no drinking... I feel the urges

Night two of no drinking... I feel the urges. What's something that y'all do to avoid them?

1 Like

Go to aa meetings.

I tried incorporating more of a routine for myself. Most of it is just basic needs like sleeping eating drinking only water or coffee. And slowly trying to do something as a coping skill. It always changes in the day or the week. I suggest maybe having a list of ideas that you think might help or work. One or a few on ur list might not seem right in the moment, which is why having a good list can help. The first two months were so hard for me. My biggest coping motivation was and still is my dog. I dont want him to ever meet unsober me. I take care of him the best i can. I try to focus on his needs over my wants and needs like using. Sometimes if its rlly rough or im rlly angry i will draw or splatter paint on a big poster board. I listen to loud music and scream out the lyrics. I go for a long walk. I allow myself to rest when i feel like i cant do anything else. Its hard but im glad youre looking into coping in healthier ways.

My dogs name is Keeper. He’s my sober buddy.

1 Like

Meetings are always the best bet but if you can't get to one (remember how much effort you put into getting to your chemical of choice) immerse yourself in something, bingewatch tv, read, exercise, etc. , find someone here to chat with (another male but I'm heading to bed).

I want to do this spiritually, been missing God in my life for a while.

I need to realize that He created the universe, all the science thay exists. I always forget that. If I can hold onto that, I think I can do it.

1 Like

I'm doing great brother. I keep getting a bit better everyday.

1 Like

I've started to read my Bible everyday. With a daily devotional, and then I read a few chapters that come from the devotional. And so far whenever I've read something, it is applying to what I'm going through right now.