New to this site, and to seeking a sober community

New to this site, and to seeking a sober community more generally. I stopped drinking right before the pandemic. Introverted by nature so being stuck home probably helped my recovery. Now I am more interested in finding connections with other sober folks, so am grateful to find this kind of forum. Hope you all are taking care, look forward to supporting in each other's recoveries!

3 Likes

Hi! Iā€™m new here, too.

The isolation element of the pandemic has helped my recovery, as well. Articles on COVID-era drinking habits make it seem that the quarantine has had exclusively negative effects on drinkers - driving more and more people to problem-drinking and alcoholism. I wonder how many people out there are like you and me - actually finding quarantine circumstances conducive to sobriety. :thinking:

1 Like

Likely a good number, especially those who'd started recovery prior or early in the pandemic. My counselor mentioned a lot of folks had reported similar stories. Social anxiety, family events etc. can all be pretty strong triggers. Glad your recovery is still going well!

1 Like

Hi Josh!

Glad you are here.