New to this… Rough week

Hey i’m new to this app, but i’m 45 days sober today. Things haven’t been too challenging for me until recently. My emotions are slamming me like a bag of bricks. I keep finding myself caught up in yesterday, and worrying about tomorrow. It’s making my temptations stronger than ever. Any advice for when i’m struggling to stay in the now?

2 Likes

Pay attention to your breath. Check out the Calm app or 10% Happier app. Both are meditation apps. With practice you will automatically check in with your body when you feel stressed. This leads to minutes of focusing on your breath or doing body scans. Good luck!

1 Like

thank you!!

Your going thru post accute stress disorder also known as PAWS your going to go thru a lot before it gets better but it do s get better it actually gets awesome so hang in there your worth it ok!!?

1 Like

Withdraw not stress my bad

I’m feeling this so much too right now. 42 days today. I’m not sure that I even feel better anymore?
We got this though.. we can make it through one day at a time :two_hearts:

1 Like

I like how you said we. Your not alone

1 Like

I’ve gotten good advice on here Katlin. Get with some ladies close to you and talk. We all need a support group

I have a difficult time not obsessing over my past mistakes and in general poor decisions. I also future trip about shit that has not happened yet nor probably ever will. My brain is my adversary and I am constantly at battle with my anxiety and depression. I do take Rx meds prescribed by my primary care doc. But when I get lost in my crap thoughts I go and be of service to someone else or I go to a meeting. Other times I open this app and reply to others cause it shifts my focus and attention away from me and on to something else. Congratulations on 45 days too, that is so amazing!

1 Like

Make sure to reach out and talk to people, meetings, or this app. Trust me, it's not good to hold shit in. Hope your ok :love_you_gesture:

1 Like