New Hobbies in Sobriety 🤔

Thank you! Yes, I do have a channel. I’m working on getting 1K subscribers so I can monetize it :upside_down_face: its YouTube.com/alliekcampbell - also I just watched your video and you have an incredible voice!

1 Like

Ahhh I tried to learn guitar a few times but it’s really tough! And lmao I literally could barely walk straight while wasted nevermind ride a bike :joy::joy:

Oh trust me you don’t need to have talent to enjoy doing a hobby :sweat_smile: my dancing skills are proof of that - but I bet you’re not giving yourself enough credit!

Getting outdoors has been so helpful in my recovery. I’m terrified of the ocean so dk if I’d ever try surfing though lol you’re brave :sweat_smile:

Guitar is one of those things that everybody tries at least once. The learning curve is diabolical for a beginner though. I taught myself and I was just straight-up terrible for years. You have to push through the wall, and not many people get that far. Then it opens up to you and it's really fun and gratifying.

I've given soooo many beginner lessons and it sucks watching the enthusiasm drain from someone's eyes when they realize how long it's going to take to even sound passable

1 Like

I want to try kickboxing so bad! I feel like it would get out a lot of aggression. And as far as sticking with hobbies, its def challenging to keep at it but once it becomes a habit it’s difficult to stop (kinda like drugs lmao)

Yes you explained what I was thinking perfectly :slightly_smiling_face:

What kind of things do you like to draw? lol to the cooking thing, I couldn’t get my passion back for that hobby until I got a meal delivery kit :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

These are some kicka$$ hobbies - it’s been too long since I’ve taken out my long board

based on all the music responses in this thread, im thinking we could start a sober band :thinking:

Sometimes I'll just see something and want to draw it. My daughter wants me to draw her a picture of her and I….. it's gonna be tough because realistic people ain't my thing. Lol last thing I drew was some deer for her at her request but the last thing I chose to draw was the joker and last thing I painted was the exorcist lol the guy I dated at the time was like you're scaring me :joy::joy::joy: :woman_shrugging:t2: yeah I dunno I used to cook for alot of people and now I'd rather just have someone cook for me and eat it. Can that be a hobby.. maybe I'll jump into the food critic world instead.

1 Like

Omg can't wait to check it out!! I'll subscribe! Aw thanks so much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Ummm yeah ok I love it! Ur vids are funny and ur cute af. Way to work to destigmatize addiction! You go!

1 Like

“You’re scaring me” lmao the amount of times people I was dating have said that to me …

1 Like

Thank you! It’s wild, this channel has opened up so many doors for me and weirdly enough has helped me to stay sober in some really tough times. The power of hobbies 🤷🏼🤓

Hahaha

When I first got sober, I was so anxious I started doing yoga a couple times a day to stay calm. Because it helped so much, it was all I ever wanted to do - now I’m a yoga teacher. It has changed my entire life and now I’m even teaching classes on YouTube.

The next revolution is going to be a revolution of teachers, I tell ya!
follow your passion! :pray::blush::heart:

i love reading this! I got my yoga certification after getting sober too :raised_hands:t3: