New here. Just put myself on the wagon today

New here. Just put myself on the wagon today. I don’t know that I’m wanting to be 100% sober. I was at a birthday party a couple days ago and I I just felt totally sick yesterday. Couldn’t keep any food down for a day and though I’m feeling a little better today I can’t shake the feeling my ongoing digestive issues are tied to my regular drinking. And I always feel ashamed after drinking heavily. Husband and I have really been knocking them back lately. Hopefully I can dry out and see how I feel.

You have experienced sickness and feel ashamed after you drink. Why wouldn't you want to be sober?

1 Like

I’m not saying it makes much sense but my husband doesn’t have any plans to become sober and all our friends drink too. I work in theatre that frequently takes place in bars and though it might be best to be sober I just don’t know that it’s practical plus when I’m drinking more moderately i do enjoy alcohol frequently and responsibly. The volume has just steadily gotten more since being locked in the apartment.