New here ,drinking allote spending all my bills money on

New here ,drinking allote spending all my bills money on bars buying people shots and regrets and shamed next day ,repeating this behavior for while,goin thru bad relationship not helping it either.any advice can help ,Tia

1 Like

Been there don't beat yourself up. Close that door and don't look back.

1 Like

Thanks

1 Like

I got help through an outpatient program. Five months sober and feeling good. Hang in there. Lean on other people for help. You don’t have to do it alone.

1 Like

Hi Rohit
Yeah, it’s a rough cycle, but you can do this!
Only advice at this point is getting help from the right people Also, rehab..out or inpatient, and make sure to go. And share ….let it all out.
It takes time and effort.
Also…cut off any relationships that you’re actively in .
Don’t beat yourself up, it’s not easy…but sobriety is so much better!
Thoughts and prayers to you
:dizzy::heavy_heart_exclamation::dizzy:

1 Like

Thanks David

Thanks Michelle

stop drinking alcohol. If you can do it and stay sober good for you! If your life is better sober keep it going. If you can’t quit on your own ask for help!

1 Like

I went to treatment and life is better now.

1 Like

Hey Rohit, how are you today? You aren't alone in how you feel. The first step to recovery is realizing you need a change. The second step is realizing you need help to change. You can change. Take small steps. Get to meetings.

1 Like

First step is seek help. This was a good start. If you have good health insurance then I recommend that you seek an outpatient program and see if they will work with you in anything insurance won't cover. Mine did and it literally saved my life. If you can't get into an outpatient program then AA is free. Just make sure you find a group that works for you. Main thing first is stop drinking and see if there are any withdrawal issues. Suddenly ceasing alcohol is a medical issue before it transitions into a behavioral or a spiritual one. When I quit my blood pressure went to 182 over 132. I literally could have stroked out at any moment. I did not seek medical help because at the time I didn't care if I died I got lucky and don't recommend that to anyone else. If you start to feel suck or off in any way seek medical help. A lot of programs are out there to help. Use the system. If money is a problem and you are unemployed or just not making enough then seek assistance. My gas company if all places had a web site that started with help for my gas bill but branched off into all sorts of help including rent assistance. You paid into the system. Use it if you need it. Then you have to stop going to the places you drink. Stop hanging with the people you drink with. Stop doing the things that make you want to drink. I'm sorry it's not much but hopefully it's a start.

1 Like

You are not alone my friend. Hugs

1 Like

Thanks Chris I try quiting and I did sober for month in 2020 .I can stop for week but Saturday Sundays are hard and dipressing ,and iam 3 days sober now .and yes few withdraws and lack of sleep in night .I took melatonin last night .and unfortunately I don't have health insurance ,but thanks for the advice I am gonna make sure I cant drink this weekend .

can't believe so many people come up and support thanks guys

1 Like

Reach out if you need help. You.not having insurance may not be all bad. Do web searches for recovery assistance, addiction program, etc. Start at the city or county level and move up to the state level. I can't think of a state that would not have some sort of program to help. The federal government practically shives that money up their butts and they are mandated to use it.

1 Like

Hey Steven Ian good how are you ,I never been to meetings always kind of ashamed and admit that I have problem ,but I think it's time to find out about meetings .thanks