My toug

My tough time is coming up, I get off work in 30 minutes and most days I can go straight to the gym but lately that old habit of buying liquor after work has been coming back. Geeeze, just wanted to share that with people that understand.

4 Likes

You can do it!

3 Likes

Stay strong!!!! Remember what it was like when you would drink.. Play it all the way to the end

2 Likes

Stay strong, the consequences for overdoing it can be serious, I know it now more than ever.. There's more to life you just got to convince yourself :slight_smile:

Call a recovery friend or pop in some ear buds and tune into a meeting on your way home. It's all about rerouting your process. Hang in there!

1 Like

This is excellent advice. Your brain actually rewires itself physically to convince you that it needs substances, the same way you need things like food. The good news is doing things like Meg suggests can rewire it just the same. That's one reason it gets easier every day

And calling recovery people when you have cravings is almost like a magic bullet for me. The hard part is picking up the phone!

You don't have to give in. Buy Sparkling water, tea, or juice to help fight the crave.