My support system is now completely gone & I don't

My support system is now completely gone & the only person remaining in my life does not want me to get clean & actively sabotages my efforts to pull myself out of this nightmare. I've tried counseling, tried medication, I've moved from state to state 6 times & been to multiple rehabilitation centers, only to fail time & time again because I've never been able to heal.

I am here with you! Our of my friends and family I am the only person trying to be sober so it is hard

2 Likes

No one in my family has ever had to deal with addiction so they don't seem to think it's a legitimate problem for me even though I've been fighting with it for 20+ years now. The same applies to my depression, I'm simply told to be happy instead of sad & that I'm just playing the victim to gain everyone's attention. I've never wanted their attention, I just wanted them to love me when I didn't know how to love myself.

2 Likes

Hey man it’s unfortunate that they don’t get it but everyone one this app does in some way or another. Please feel free to reach out we are in this together

2 Likes

Your not going through it alone. I am here to listen. I am recovering from my addictions and haven't been out in months. That's why reaching out on this app can help. So you remember you aren't alone in the fight against addiction.

1 Like

You aren't alone

1 Like

Addiction a funeral and give it to God.

1 Like

Crud I'm really trying to figure this app out... bro we are pulling for you. You are the miracle. Put your sobriety first because anything you put ahead of it you will trade away first. Getting that first clump of time in between you and your last use is emotional and difficult, throw your addiction a funeral and give it to God or a doorknob or bury it the ground. Screw anyone who doesn't understand you, your life depends on it

1 Like

That sounds really difficult. I'm sorry you're struggling so hard. What has worked for others is getting an entire new support structure. You can find it in a meeting. Getting a Sponser is a good start. Be willing to do whatever it takes.

1 Like

Hang in there. You and only you can do this for you! If you trust that others can do it, keep reaching out and you will be shown the way! There really is an easier softer way if youif you really want it

1 Like

The only thing that matters is you want to get clean! Get involved in the fellowship and you’ll find lots of people that will become your support system, you can’t focus people who don’t get it be it family or friends. Something I heard early on applies here. “Stop going to the hardware store looking for milk”, they don’t have it!

1 Like