My relationship and it’s future

My relationship and it’s future.

What are you trying to say

Exactly what I wrote…

What about your relationship and it’s future

I’m not sure. Time will tell. It’s hard to tell what direction it’s going in at the moment because we’re at two very different places in life but we shall see. The love and energy is there.

Are you getting sober? Is your partner unsupportive? Or other way around? Fill us in a little please

I got sober and then fell off I go back and forth my partner is not nor does he want to be sober. He supports me in my recovery as best he can I just wish he’d want the same thing. I feel like I end up meeting him a level down instead of him meeting me a level up if that makes any sense.

1 Like

I would suggest it is impossible for you to get sober when you are in a relationship with someone who seemingly also has a drinking problem and does not want to address it. He will continue to make alcohol part of his life and if he is in your life, it will therefore remain a part of your life and make it all but impossible to focus on yourself and your sobriety. Harsh reality is that you need to decide if your sobriety or your partner is more important for you in your life because you cannot have both in situation you described.