My name is Evan. I came home yesterday from

My name is Evan. I came home yesterday from inpatient hit my iOp and got a meeting. So I’m just here looking for suggestions and support

3 Likes

Welcome we are all here to help

1 Like

If the craving hits find a zoom meeting. Don't stay alone. You can do this bro.

1 Like

Thanks again guys and I know I’m not alone my wife is here for me and I now thank goodness have all of you which is a true blessing. I struggle the most with asking for help but have accepted the fact that I have to say something ya know “ closed mouths don’t get fed” and the other thing is is that I’ve been self employed for most of my life and have been able to get what I want when I want and I’ve learned to be more patient and when something happens out of the blue and it’s maybe not what I wanted I have to kinda pause myself figure out what my options are and then assess the pros and cons try to determine the results of the actions and choose the best one and sometimes now I have to just give some things a little time ya know maybe write it down till tomorrow so I don’t overwhelm myself and leave it to my higher power and believe that my hp is leading me in the right direction

2 Likes

Get phone numbers fast
Text leaves much to chance
Mine 650-315-3434 mobile

If you’re doing meetings- hook into meetings as close as possible. Connect with the people in your area. In person is coming back. You want to be comfortable walking in and being connected already!! Your wife can only do so much. Remember it’s your disease, not hers.

1 Like

She’s in recovery as well and I appreciate the info I was just letting it be known I’m not completely Alone but yea I definitely am trying to connect with people near me I’m pretty open and haven’t problem talking my issue was which I’ve been getting better with asking for specific help

2 Likes

Welcome! I am here for you!!!

Welcome

Rarely have we seen a person fail who has thoroughly followed our path. Those who do not recover are people who cannot or will not completely give themselves to this simple program, usually men and women who are constitutionally incapable of being honest with themselves. There are such unfortunates. They are not at fault; they seem to have been born that way. They are naturally incapable of grasping and developing a manner of living which demands rigorous honesty. Their chances are less than average. There are those, too, who suffer from grave emotional and mental disorders, but many of them do recover if they have the capacity to be honest.

Get a sponsor and stay connected bro much love from California!

Thank you all so much I feel so blessed to have found this community and have found my peace and it’s truly amazing to feel this way after all the hurt and pain of things I’ve experienced and I’m never going to let this go​:crazy_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::star_struck::partying_face::partying_face::smirk::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::nerd_face::face_with_monocle::face_with_raised_eyebrow: