My church

My church sends these in their weekly mailers since they are currently online only. I find them comforting & put them on my fridge.

2 Likes

Here is another one

1 Like

Those are fantastic Karissa!. I read your profile as well, very down to earth and uncomplicated. I attended services as well when able, or on line. Do you go to meetings?

1 Like

Nice

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. I'm thankful for God.

2 Likes

No, fortunently I never had to go to meetings. I did some other self/inner personal stuff similar. I've been going to my church for almost a year now.

2 Likes

Very good then. I know that there is more than one path to sobriety. Different things work for different people. I would like to say that your comments about being “fortunate to not have to go to meetings" is interesting. I always felt fortunate to be able to go to meetings, where supportive and like-minded people gather and help each other to stay strong with their sobriety. My sobriety was obtained and continues to be with the help of both the Bible and the Big Book. Working hand in hand. Something to consider. I need both

I mean it just as a term really….everyone's struggle/severity is different. I choose to go inward. At the time I wasn't someone that talked about my struggles. Instead I bought the reading material & workbooks for something similar. Adult Children of Alcoholic & Diysfunctional Families. I didn't really have a hard time with the alcohol itself,it was more with the behaviors/affects/habits that I was aware of early on. The main reason I stopped.