My boyfriend overdosed on June 27th and then I totaled

My boyfriend overdosed on June 27th and then I totaled the car his dad just gave me on the 6th and on the 7th my best friend overdosed. I don’t understand why I’m being punished so freaking much.

1 Like

This isn’t punishment. It’s opportunity. You are being shown, up close and personal, what addiction leads to.

No matter how ashamed or weak or hurt you feel, drugs or booze won’t make it better. Getting fucked up is just pushing pause. The pain and suffering resume when you come down or sober up. Nothing changes if nothing changes.

Today can be your day to start your path to wellness and recovery. Even if you quit drinking and drugging a month ago, sobriety comes when you admit that you need help and that you can’t do it alone. Until you get there, you’ll be trapped in that white knuckled craving, pitting your disease against your will. It’s lose lose.

6 Likes

To quote a bible verse, it rains on the just and the unjust alike. That means some days are just your day rain.

2 Likes

Sounds to me like your boyfriend & best friend were the ones who were punished.
You're still here posting, be grateful.

1 Like

I have an appointment for iop intake Wednesday and they are dual diagnosis so I’ll see psych too

2 Likes

Hello Ingrid! I am sorry for your loss both your boyfriend and your friend.Nobody gets punished even those overdose. That was your higher power showing you what happens if it continues. We all have been Showing one way or another what happens. It’s just sometimes it’s worse than others. least you’re here now and you’re asking for help. You’re in the right place because that’s what we’re here for to help those that need help and to get help if we need it. So please Just keep doing what you’re doing asking for help.

1 Like

Are you still using

Well said!

Are you still sober?

Your not being punished.. its a sign..