Memorial Day ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

How do you celebrate Memorial Day as one in recovery? What kind of NA/AF drinks are you interested in? Which kind of foods do you indulge?

1 Like

Cooking!!! I have taken to eating healthyish since I got sober so I do fun salads and Desserts. Mocktails are key. I enjoy a huge variety and always keep Sparkling Water on hand. So many to choose from these days.

1 Like

Kombucha is controversial but since I have found most all have the same amount of alcohol as an na beer I make it and use it as a beverage and as an ingredient in making mocktails. Super easy fun hobby.

1 Like

My birthday fall on Memorial Day this year. I'm throwing myself a small BBQ with live entertainment again. My sax teacher and guitar player. I'll sing a song and probably play a song on the sax. People will be drinking alcohol, but I won't because that's not my life any longer. Neighbors will cook me a Domician dish, Pastalon. Another neighbor, Jerk Chicken and rice with beans.
I'll grill chicken, hot dogs, and hamburgers, too. I'll have some people from church, from work, from my Jazz 4 All group. I'm excited!

3 Likes

I, too, love desserts and mocktails. My husband and I often find something to put together.

Bubly is my favorite sparkling water brand. What's yours?

This sounds fun and yummy. I've never had Dominican food before. Can you send me a plate? LBVS

Iโ€™m having a BBQ with friends/family that donโ€™t drink.

1 Like

Excellent choice!

I try them all. Love Bubbly but my favorite lately is AHA

I've tried a couple AHA flavors. I didn't like them. I've thought about trying other flavors.

Watermelon Lime is my Jam.

Pray :pray: to your higher power take it one minute by one hour at a time and if possible don't be around people who are drinking also if push comes to shove go to aa meeting there's always one open i hope this was helpful and good luck to you :blush:

I'm thinking about making watermelon, jalapeรฑo belini. It has seltzer water or sparkling cider in it instead of alcohol. If I do I might make the watermelon into a punch bowl...

I sleep in.

I second that. :joy: