Me, Myself and I

I am struggling today with my mental health and I can't seem to get out of my head. My conscience tells me I am not good enough, I have too many issues, that no one cares about me. In general I have been down lately and I don't like it. Nobody can punish me more than I can punish myself. Tired of feeling like I am garbage :pensive:

Hey man, I'm sorry to hear today is a rough one. I just watched an interview on YouTube, and a concept was brought up that I hope can maybe help. In our heads there are multiple voices - the "angel" and the "devil" ideas - and then there's us - the ones sitting there observing the voices. The voices are not us; we are just observers of them.

I know how hard it can be not to listen to the negative voice. I just ask that you look at today alone and think, what reasons have you given yourself today, to feel that you're garbage? There probably aren't as many reasons as you think, or any reasons at all. It can be really difficult for me to let go of terrible decisions I've made in the past and focus on how well I'm doing today. I just try reminding myself, "You didn't hurt anyone today, and you're actively doing what you can to prevent that from happening in the future," like staying sober. That's huge man! You have a lot to feel proud of. And on days when we might do things that make us feel bad about ourselves, it doesn't make us garbage; it makes us human, and every day is another chance to do better. The fact that you have a conscience at all tells me you're alright bud. Hang in there. I hope tomorrow's a better day.

1 Like

You are not garbage. You are worthy. You are amazing. You are kind. You are compassionate. You are a conqueror. You will defeat this.

Speak positive affirmations to yourself daily.

I'm here for you.

1 Like

Recovery is a process of change it takes time get the help you need from the rooms positive peers and MH resources if you need it! Therapy helped me big time it helped me deal with all my shame and guilt from my past! I will have 5 years on 7-20-16 it helped me tremendously by dealing with all the inner demons that had been eating me alive for years! :heartpulse:

1 Like

I hope your day has taken a turn for the better! I'm here to tell you how much I appreciate your comments, insights, and compassion towards others' posts on here. You're an inspiration...not garbage!

1 Like

Thank you for the reply, I enjoyed reading it. It does make me feel better and I am working on pulling myself out of this pitty pot I am in. :+1:

1 Like

Positive affirmations are a tool I am still improving upon, thank you!

Thank you Autumn, congrats on the upcoming 5 years that is huge!!

1 Like

Dude, you gotta hit me up, I am so jacked in the head, maybe we can help each other

Thank you for the kind words Julie! :grin:

Hey Brian, I definitely know the struggle. I'll hit ya up brother, thx.

Please don’t take those thought seriously, how long have you been sober? I know the dryness can mess with you, if you were on any medications that will mess with you as well. I had to struggle for 2 weeks off of several medications. And being off booze. It’s a rough time. Do not hesitate to message anyone here. Myself included. Send a message and I’ll talk. I’ll drop everything. We have each others backs. Take care

Thank you sir! I am coming up on three years in July. Im on a few different meds, alchohol and years of poor choices have taken their toll on this ole boy but I'm still fighting!! :muscle:t2:

I feel the same way sometimes, awesome about the time, I’m not focusing on time I’m focusing on keeping busy and vigilant on being a father.(which I lacked in my worst time last year) I’m almost at a year and I’m thriving. You have a friend if you need to talk you might be able to teach me a few things lol

I have been doing the same, keeping busy and focusing on my kiddos. I have one teenage boy and an almost teenage daughter. I run my day to day decision making on whether what I am doing is in their best interest. Keeps my head where it needs to be, full time gig!

It’s the best feeling especially being clear minded and not poisoned. I have an almost 3 year old. I’m making the best with what I have. Being divorced and on my own for the first time has been tough on my mental health. But knowing I can talk and kind of help some people who are struggling helps me in the long run as well. We are all in this together. Where do you reside? I’m in kentucky on the border of Cincinnati Ohio

You are doing great! Three years old, what a fun age. Enjoy those times! My kids lock themselves in their rooms and only come out when I am to have their feedings prepared!! Freaking kids, gotta love'em. Congrats on almost a year too, heck of an accomplishment. :pray:

Thank you! Yeah he is insane. Send a friend request and let’s talk about whatever man. Sometimes it’s good to make new friends and keep positive momentum. That’s why I’m on here. I can’t imagine a teenage kiddo lol I have a sister in the navy and she acts like a teen lol

1 Like