Me- 1. Alcoholism/addiction- 0

Burnt my leg with coffee. Feel like drinking alcohol now. Instead I will:

Attempt to workout...not legs lol

Eat a breakfast sandwich from Wawa

Log into work and support the student I work with virtually because he needs me more than I need a drink.

We doin this? Who's in? Write your sober plan below.

12 Likes

Isn’t it strange how any little detour from the normal…like burning your leg on coffee or, in my case, not being able to retrieve an email, makes our minds immediately turn to alcohol?! My plan is to write out a to-do list and then DO THE THINGS. :smiley: Having structure and Marking off accomplishments helps me more than anything else.

2 Likes

You earned a cookie. Good job on directing your emotions to something else.

I am going meditate, get some schoolwork done, and grocery shop so I can do some meal prep.

Drink my sugar free red bull, put on some loud music and clean the house which ive been to depressed to do.

1 Like

So true

1 Like

Wow. So glad you are able to instant re direct your neg thoughts to a positive thought. :blush:

I’m going to drink some matcha and stay sober! Neve looking back!

Oh stop

Having to start all over again. Lost nearly everything last year. Rebuilding my life can be frightening, and depression pays regular visits. I don't want a drink anymore, not these days. But, I do struggle with wanting to get high.

Instead, I'm going to study. Work towards my goals of a new career. Listen to an audio book I enjoy, and in the morning, watch the wild songbirds eat.

Yup.. any little “excuse”. It's a trap! Don't give in! I won't!

Thanks Amanda

1 Like

Love meditating

Hey Abbie! Good plan! Get any cleaning done?

Thanks. Years of training lol

You go Taylor!!

Stop what?

You can do it! Stay clean and sober!!

You're welcome