Man today I am irritable and stressed. I believe what’s

Man today I am irritable and stressed. I believe what’s triggering me is my past consequences. I’m trying to get something going however once again I’m having to be reminded of misdemeanors that happened over ten years ago which is holding me up from going forward. They have to review my case blah blah - having these misdemeanors on my record just causes anxiety brings me back to a place of feeling bad about myself. Ughh just trying to breath

3 Likes

Just remember even if something happened the day before you stopped drinking it's still history to you now. You might want to do a search for "radical acceptance". I hated it at first because you basically have to admit to yourself that "yes, I did those things" but once you so the next step is being able to say "yes, I did that, and it sucked of me and I'm sorry. Where do we go from here?". You hit people with that who think they're going to use you as an emotional pinatas AGAIN and they can either choose to be part of the solution or go play on the freeway.

3 Likes

Can't say I have legal issues following me but I do have past misdeeds hindering my path forward. I keep saying to myself that it'll get better....but not knowing when or if at all definitely dampens the hope.

1 Like

:rofl: likes “ choose ... or go play on the freeway” . Thank you for this. I don’t want my past mistakes to define me and I can tell I’m allowing them to.. I then have fear to pursue something because I hate being questioned about my past but like you say accept and move forward. Thank you again!

Yes I’m trying not to let it hinder me.. I like what Chris said :call_me_hand:

1 Like

I know how u feel. So many skeletons in my closet I could make a dinosaur

1 Like

I almost always feel better after a meeting

1 Like

:rofl: that’s cute Anne- “ make a skeleton “ yeah can’t stand past following me

Yes need to catch 7 zoom meeting

1 Like

I know I hear seriously just move forward live in the minute, present.

I feel like that’s all bad memories and consequences want to do - bring and keep you down. How mad would they be to see you not let them.

1 Like

Do Breath!! Stay in today. Don’t beat yourself up over the past.
Don’t look into the future!
Easier said than done. I know. It’s going to workout wether you stress over it or not! So why worry. Your time may be better spent doing something positive.
Just Don’t Drink!
Chris

1 Like

Lol I do have past bad memories, the skeletons fall all out of every bottle I drink, not too mention a t-rex

1 Like

:rofl: your too funny. T- Rex :rofl: well don’t give up Anne. Let’s say screw the past mistakes and throw a middle finger to them and all the people who try to pull us down! Let’s rise up girl! Have a good day and remember you rock!

You Two Got This!!
STAY STRONG!!

1 Like