Loosid's Daily Sober Tip - July 3

Why me vs. Why Me

Many times, people ask to themselves, ‘Why did this happen to me?’ … ‘Why did I have to be an alcoholic (or addict)’ …‘Why can’t I drink?’… Why can I not control my drinking when so many people can?’

It is incredibly important to remember, there are two ways you can approach ‘why me’

There is another side of why me.

‘Why am I so lucky to have the ability to get better when so many others don’t?’

‘Why am I so lucky that I have a disease that is 100% treatable so long as I work a program on a daily basis?’

‘Why was I able to get the gifts of the program while so many other people are sick and suffering.’

‘Why am I so lucky to change my life and live in service to others.. and to the same people I used to hurt?’

Choose to pick the right ‘why me’ today. If you are reading this it means you have started your journey to build a beautiful life

How did this tip resonate with you? Let us know your thoughts below. What’s your why me? There are many people in the Loosid community who need to hear what you have to say.

With Love, Loosid :heart::pray:

6 Likes

Great information. Thanks.

Great tip. I just finished a 30 rehab program yesterday

Ya, why am I still alive? Why do we get it when so many others perish from this disease? I think acceptance, we accepted the truth and surrendered. And I know that everything that's happened in my life had to happen for me to be where I am now. I am mentally ill, and was not thinking right long before I picked up a drink. It took my battle with alcoholism to wake me up and face myself. And now in recovery I can manage my illness, and while learning about my shortcomings I am also learning about strengths I never knew I had. I've said before, the real me is turning out to be better than who I was pretending to be. And now, everything thing good that happens in my life and ever chance I get to be a positive influence in someone's life will have never happened if everything before hadn't happened exactly the way it did. I'm not a victim. I was just being trained for this next chapter in life.

6 Likes

Totally agreed
And thanks

I loved that tip

What an encouraging way of looking at "why me"?

Amén!

Good luck to you, that’s great

Why am I not dead, locked up, or in a mental institution! Why after all the wreckage I have caused do I still get an opportunity to become something better.

Why me: Because I’m blessed! Thank you lord for not giving me what I deserve but for giving me the grace to do something better, Amen!

2 Likes

38 days clean & sober

1 Like

Never thought of it like that but great tip.

I totally love this, thank you for sharing!

Amen!!

48 days clean