Loosid Sober Tip of the Day May 26

Much like we must learn how to handle resentment on a daily basis, we must also do the same with fear.

In recovery, there are a few strong acronyms we use for fear. One concentrates how we often let something that has not yet happened and may never happen run our lives.

F-E-A-R.

False expectations appearing real.

We have discussed this quite a bit and now if we are to live a life of serenity, we must learn to avoid worrying about the future, in the same way we can never regret the past.

There is another beautiful, very powerful acronym for fear.

F-E-A-R.

Face everything and recover.

This is the key to the kingdom. So many of us do not want to lean in and look into what it is that is causing our fear.

The truth is, leaning in and facing everything is uncomfortable.

It is also true that facing everything and going through that level of discomfort is the only thing that allows us to get to the other side.

In 12-Step programs, this is done in our inventory in steps 4 & 5, and in our amends steps, which are 8 & 9.

Just for today, be open to the possibility of facing everything that is blocking you.

You owe it to yourself the gift of a beautiful life.

How did this tip resonate with you? Let us know your thoughts below. There are many people in the Loosid community who need to hear what you have to say.

With Love, Loosid :pray::heart:

1 Like

I decided I don’t want to give life the victory. I won’t allow life to stress me. If I begin to feel stressed I’ll do what I can to fix the situation.

1 Like

I talked about this on a different post. I had to overcome my fear of connecting with others. If I didn’t I would not be sober today. I’m glad I chose to Face Everything And Recover/Rise.

I fear a lot... and fear of things not working out causes me anxiety that at times instead of taking the risk I will resist that step due to it not working out. I have a situation in mind and I need to just do it and trust whatever outcome is - I’ll be ok