Loosid Sober Tip of the Day May 25

Finding the good in YOU.

Yesterday, we looked at finding the good in others. Hopefully, that has given you some very strong relief and freed up quite a bit of wasted energy on anger and resentment.

As we have heard countless times, resentment is the #1 offender.

Quite often, the person we most resent most in life is ourselves.

Just for today, focus on the good in you.

Most of us have harmed many people in our active addiction and have a hard time forgiving ourselves for what we have done.

Just for today, focus on the actions you have taken now that you have entered a new journey.

What have you done to be of service to others? What have you done that started you on this spiritual path?

If you are still new or are in active addiction, just by reading this daily tip shows great willingness to change. That is GOOD. Very GOOD.

If nothing comes to mind, think of what good you can do today to help others. Think of what good you can do to learn more about the path to recovery.

If you are confused or don’t know where to start, post below any questions you may have.

If you have been around a bit, please share with the community the GOOD about you and what you have been able to do since entering recovery.

There are many people in the Loosid community who need to hear what you have to say.

With Love, Loosid :pray::heart:

3 Likes

Very inspirational and food for thought.

1 Like

I found spirituality and sadly to say drugs took me there...sobriety❤️
Praying getting on my knees begging GOD to help me. I didn't want the life of drugs. I would have died, not ready to die.

Some days, I can't see the good in me. On those days I have to create something new that is good in me.

I really struggle with this one. Definitely a weakness in my program. My sponsor says my lack of self-esteem is a form of pride. Maybe it is, he's got more experience than me. But I feel God as I understand him in me, and that's good. And I just get involved with others in recovery every way I can, which seems to help me get through a day and to stay motivated.

I see the good in me. Normally, I don't bring it up in public. I won't share my strong points but I will say I am glad I recognize my strengths because there was a point in my life when I didn't.

Thanks for the uplifting words

Rule # 1.. only rule : DONT YAKE YURSELF SO SERIOUSLY !

We'll I walked out of jail to a truck with 300,000 miles on it and a duffle bag of clothes. 3.5 years later I have more than I could of ever imagined. Thank you God and AA for helping turn my life around. Forever grateful...