Loosid Sober Tip of the Day June 9

The courage to change the things we can.

Yesterday we started with looking at the first part of the serenity prayer. If you haven’t read yesterday’s tip, simply touch the back button and read it now.

Today, we focus on the second part, the middle section of the serenity prayer:

The courage to change the things I can.

Once we have accepted the things we cannot change, we have freed up a tremendous amount of wasted time and energy that can now be used on what’s most important… having the courage to change the things we can.

Pay special attention to the word courage. The truth is, it is very easy to complain, yet it requires courage to face life’s challenges.

We have alcoholism. OK. What can we do about it?

Once we accept that we cannot change the fact that we are alcoholic, we can enter a spiritual program of recovery to see what other people do to get sober, stay sober and live a beautiful life.

That is 100% within our control.

We have been fired from our job. What can we do about it? We can accept what happened and look with anticipation and excitement at finding the next opportunity.

That is 100% within our control.

We just got into an argument with our significant other. What do we do about it? Do we argue and try to ‘win’ the argument? Of course not. Despite what you might think, nobody ever wins an argument.

We can accept what happened. We can call a friend and ask for their advice. We can meditate. We can also look for our part (where we were at fault) in the argument.

If we believe in a higher power, we can ask our higher power to direct our thinking.

All of this is 100% within our control.

We can always gather courage to change the things we can. It is inside all of us.

Knowing you have the courage, what do you want to do today that you can change?

Let us know your thoughts below. There are many people in the Loosid community who need to hear what you have to say.

With Love, Loosid :pray::heart:

2 Likes

Acceptance of what’s going on today and try to change it

I made it 30 days sober, so I know I can do this! Wish I felt more control over the sugar I’m putting in my body.

1 Like

I have the courage to change [some] things I can change. As Ghandi says "be the change you wish to see in the world." That's what I am doing- starting with serving others.